Thursday 6 November 2014

Who is featherhead?

Laurie..



I'm 22, a girl (i'd hope that bit was obvious but my name is also a guys name too), Currently an Outdoor Activity Instructor. I am a complete example of a Leo (passionate, drama queen, edgy, stubborn, WILD, crazy), OBSESSED with Africa. I'm terrified of the dark, like its ridiculous. I could eat corn on the cob everyday for a year and still love it and Im known for wearing feathers in my locks, hense the name.

I also have a little snake at home called Captain Tarquinious, Tarquin for short. I'm pathetically overly maternal over him considering hes a snake but hes my little dude. I would love to have him here with me but hes a little venemous and its a good job my mums a reptile freak so she has him when I'm not at home. If only he could come to Australia with me.


I'm from a small (apparently sunny) seaside town called Bognor Regis which everyone knows for the famous Butlins which is the only reason anyone has ever heard of Bognor. Its a cute little town full of old people whizzing along the prom on their scooters and scarily sized seagulls that shouldve been filmed in 'Walking With Dinosaurs'. It was a cute place to grow up. I share my little quirky home with my crazy, young hearted mum, whos more like a best friend and my home-bird 17 year old younger sister who is the complete opposite to me. I think our only simularity is having odd-ish names.

I now work on an activities centre further up the country in Shropshire. I like to say "up north" but apparenty its not classed as up north but when you're from somewhere like Bognor, anything above the South Downs is north to us sourthern jessies.
I teach cool things like kayaking, canoeing, abseiling, climbing, quad biking, archery and all that jazz to children and teenagers. It's my third season and its been a fun few years. I did  some work in South Africa over the past few years where I used to work with horses taking people on horse back safaris, trying not to get eaten and liveed and worked on a few game reserves in the heart of the African bush. It was pretty bloody amazing, despite being charged at by rhino, hippo and having a run in with three lions (but we'll talk about that another time).
 I also did a summer working in the USA on a summer camp teaching horse riding, archery, being a head highropes instructor and doing survival and tracking sessions in the woods where we would come across the odd black bear here and there.

I have a bloody awesome boyfriend, Callum who puts up with all my crazy girlie crap and is my complete best friend. We both live and work together and he's become my right arm. He's the ying to my yang, different but put together and we just click. We are both escaping this cornor of the world for Australia on Novemeber 20th which is INSANE. Simply cannot wait!


I've decided to write a blog about the everyday things that pop into my little head, you know, the type of crap any young girl trying to find her place in the world would want to read about. Also I will be sharing my great Aussie adventure on here too.

Ciao. Laurie.










No comments:

Post a Comment